Monday, October 9, 2017
- After reading about ice cream in "Candy and Me" by Hilary Liften, write about your favorite ice cream. Or, if you were any ice cream flavor, what would you be and why?
- Dissect "The Hazards of Moviegoing" with house outline.
This is an example of how to fill out the house graphic organizer.
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
- WN #7 revisions - add evidence and counter argument to your answer to the question, "What do you think about writing?"
- Finish dissecting "The Hazards of Moviegoing" using the house graphic organizer
- Start traditional outlining
This is an example of how to transfer the information from the house graphic organizer to an outline.
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
- WN #7 - Let the Clip be Your Inspiration for Writing.
- Finish outline of "The Hazards of Moviegoing"
Thursday, October 12, 2017
- Argument of Fact: Slip or Trip
- Circle Evidence
- Work on Individual Graphic Organizer
This is an example of how to fill out the evidence worksheet.
Friday, October 13, 2017
- Check WN #8 - Two pages
- Continue Argument of Fact: Slip or Trip
- Finish Individual Graphic Organizer (Evidence worksheet)
- Start on Group Graphic Organizer (Warrants and Explanations worksheet)
- Fill out House Graphic Organizer or Fill out Traditional Outline for "Slip or Trip?
- Start Crime Report if time
This is an example of how to do the traditional outline for "Slip or Trip?"